Cake Mixes and Toxins
PLEASE remember to check your cupboards when you get home tonight!!!
Throw away ALL OUTDATED pancake mix, brownie mixes, Bisquick, cake and cookie mixes, etc., you have in your home.
A high school student had pancakes and it almost became fatal. His mom, a registered nurse, made him pancakes, dropped him off at school and headed to play tennis. She never takes her cell phone on the court but did this time. Her son called to say he was having trouble breathing. She told him to go to the nurse immediately, and she called the school to alert the nurse. The nurse called the paramedics and they were there in 3 minutes and worked on the boy all the way to the hospital. He came so close to dying. Evidently this is more common than I ever knew. Check the expiration dates on packages like pancakes and cake mixes that have yeast which, over time, develop mold spores. Apparently, the mold that forms in old mixes can be toxic!
This is partially confirmed on Snopes. The gist there is, basically, if you're allergic to mold, you might become violently sick, even die, from this. But normally, it's not something to worry too much about. Still, when it doubt, throw it out.
Still, when it doubt, throw it out.
DISCLAIMER: We are not medical professionals but can comprehend the various articles linked on this site. Think for yourself. Make up your own mind. Those of us with reading comprehension skills and healthy immune systems are much better off trusting our own body versus the profit-driven pharmaceutical industry.
blog version similar posts here ... and elsewhere
Comments (we believe in free speech, but not necessarily these comments)
Leave a new comment regarding "cake-mixes-and-toxins":
post_ID = 356